In an effort to ensure that our citizens continue to receive full services of the Probate Court, and to protect the health and safety of all citizens, court staff, and those entering our court to conduct business during these unprecedented times, our services will continue as outlined below:
- Weapons Carry License will begin on Thursday, May 14th, 2020. Applications are available online and must be completed prior to coming in for new applicants. Please bring a current driver’s license with the correct Thomas County address. For renewals, please bring your old license when you come. See the link below to complete your application. http://georgiaprobaterecords.com. We will not process Weapons Carry License applications after 4:30 Monday – Thursday, 2:00 on Friday. The cost is $86.50 for new and $30 for renewal.
- Applications for Marriage License must be completed prior to picking up your Marriage License at www.georgiaprobaterecords.com. Please bring a copy of both parties’ driver’s license, as well as your final divorce decree from your last marriage. The cost is $76 without premarital counseling and $36 with premarital counseling.
- Filings for Estates, Guardianships, and Conservatorships for Minors and Adults, and all other matters will be by appointment. Please call 229-225-4116 to schedule an appointment. Information and forms related to the Probate Court can be found at http://georgiacourts.gov/probate/. For Mental Health please call the Georgia Crisis & Access Line at 1-800-715-4225, before calling the Court.
With the safety of the citizens, and our staff in mind, the Court is requiring the following for your appointment:
- Until further notice, please bring in mask, scarf, or bandana with you to cover your mouth, and nose. For Weapons Carry License Applicants you will be asked to remove said garment so that the Court staff can capture your picture for your Weapon Carry License permit.
- Please do not bring any additional family members with you.
These rules are in place to provide an efficient flow for the maximum number of applicants per day, while keeping everyone as safe as possible. I would like to thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we work together during these unprecedented times.