- Discrimination in the employment of any person who is an applicant for county employment because of race, gender, age, disability, or other legally protected class is prohibited.
- To receive further information concerning job opportunities come by the Thomas County Commissioners Office, 116 West Jefferson Street, Thomasville, GA, Human Resources or Josie Burkes can be reached at 229/225-4100, or E-mail at email@example.com.
- To comply with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Thomas County Board of Commissioners is a participating employer in E-Verify. ID:50572, 1/14/2009.
Drug Free Workplace
The Thomas County Board of Commissioners has a “ZERO TOLERANCE” policy regarding drug use.
- Employment opportunity listings are available through the Personnel Department, this Web site, and through the Times-Enterprise newspaper, classified section each Sunday.
- Applications are accepted only for positions that are currently open, and a completed application must be submitted for each position.
- Minimum job requirements must be met in order to apply for the positions listed.
- All application forms must be complete.
- Résumés are accepted but not in lieu of the completed required application form.
Employee Eligibility Verification Program
Thomas County's E-Verify Identification Number for the Employee Eligibility Verification Program is #50572. The E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program (EEV) involves verification checks of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases, using an automated system to verify the employment authorization of all newly hired employees, regardless of citizenship, after completion of the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9). Thomas County has been complying with E-Verify since January 14, 2009.