Passport Applications

This office is the acceptance agent for the United States State Department Passport Service for Thomas County.

All applicants, including children, MUST be present. You are required to make an appointment. Appointments will be made for in person- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday, except holidays. 229-225-4108



  • $130.00 for age 16 yrs. and older for a ten year passport & $35.00 Acceptance Fee.
  • $100.00 for under 16 yrs of age for a five year passport & $35.00 Acceptance Fee.
  • $60.00 in addition for each expedited passport.

The Clerk's Office asks that you be prepared to pay with; Either one personal check, cashier’s check, or a money order for the US Department of State fee and either one $35 money order, cashier’s check, or cash to the Clerk of Superior Court. NO personal checks to the Clerk of Superior Court.

For processing times speak to the Clerk of Court office or go to for current passport processing times as they change often.


Certified copy of your birth certificate with seal from your State or Counties' birth registrar. Hospital birth or small card birth certificates will not be accepted, The Birth Certificate has to be from the official birth registrar. In Thomas County that would be the Thomas Co. Health Dept.

One passport photos- At present, these businesses are known to make passport photos - Walgreens, CVS Drug Store..

A completed application. Wait to sign in front of the agent. Bring photo ID such as drivers license. If the child is under the age of 16, both parents must be present along with the child, to sign the application.

If you are a naturalized citizen, bring your original naturalization papers.

If you have an expired passport, bring that with you also. It can be used in lieu of a certified birth certificate. If you have lost it, you may be required to fill out a short statement concerning the lost passport.

If your passport is expired and you still have it and it is less than fifteen years old, you can renew by mail without going thru us and you save $35. We have those applications available in the office and will be happy to give you one.

U.S. Department of State Passport Services & Information Application for Passport
U.S. Passport Application (First Time Use)
U.S. Passport Application (Renewal)
U.S. Passport Form (Parental Consent for Child under 16)
Statement of Exigent/ Special Family Circumstances for Minor Under 16
Lost passport form